The Lost Cereal Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Society for The Cure of Rectal Cranial Inversion

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Our "big" Ultrasound (warning: girl stuff)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cheese
Deputy
Cheese

Cancer Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Our "big" Ultrasound (warning: girl stuff) Empty
PostSubject: Our "big" Ultrasound (warning: girl stuff)   Our "big" Ultrasound (warning: girl stuff) EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 9:18 pm

Itty Bitty is probably a....

baby girl!!

(that makes three girls, one boy for us!)

The tech said policy states she can't say for certain but she (we) saw three lines, and during the ultrasound she did not see any "boy parts" appear. Béla had no idea what he was looking at, or looking for but I knew exactly and kept my eyes out lol. The baby was a bit uncooperative though so we did not get a "money shot" (as Daddy called it) ultrasound picture though. Béla admitted to me that he was "a little disappointed" and that made me a little sad but I'm not going to let it get to me because he's a wonderful Daddy to both my girls and our son.

Now for a possible issue... I asked if they would tell us right then and there if there was a problem and she said that the doctor (radiologist) would look at the scan and forward it to my doctor who would follow-up at our next visit. She said if it was something really bad they would have us stay there until they got in direct contact with my doctor. That didn't happen but at the end of the ultrasound she asked me if she could do an internal ultrasound. She said that the placenta (which is on the backside of my uterus) seemed to be a little close to my cervix. I emptied my bladder and she did the internal and after some measurements stated that it did seem close.

I've been reading up and it seems that in 95% of cases like mine at this time in the pregnancy as the uterus grows the placenta moves up and away from the cervix. If it doesn't...I don't want to get all worked up about it until I speak to my OB but I guess that puts me at risk for bleeding during pregnancy, pelvic restriction (maybe more) and maybe even a planned c-section. I hope that there are no other issues! Our next prenatal is next Monday so I'll update you all after that.

Other than that the ultrasound was amazing! The baby was laying sort of diagonal across my belly with her head down toward my left hip and butt up on the right side near my belly button...the same way she was laying when Daddy came over to feel her lump the other night. WOW...I can actually say HER and not (s)he or "It" anymore!!!
affraid

STATS: Heart rate was 139, measuring 17w6d which is right on exactly, approximate weight of 7oz. My cervical length was very good.

I'm excited...just anxious that everything is OK in there. It's astounds me to think that I was right all this time...that [somehow] I just knew about the time we conceived that this baby would be a girl.

Our next OB appointment is on Monday, hopefully nothing but good news! Because of my medical history I will have to have at least one more ultrasound (probably a handful more) so I'm hoping during one of those they'll give us 100% confirmation she is in fact a girl.

The official DD was and will probably remain June 9th.
Back to top Go down
<PFD>SUICIDE SID
I am the LaW!
<PFD>SUICIDE SID

Aquarius Number of posts : 289

PostSubject: Re: Our "big" Ultrasound (warning: girl stuff)   Our "big" Ultrasound (warning: girl stuff) EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 9:31 pm

congrats
Back to top Go down
http://www.poultneyfire.org
Cheese
Deputy
Cheese

Cancer Number of posts : 77

PostSubject: Re: Our "big" Ultrasound (warning: girl stuff)   Our "big" Ultrasound (warning: girl stuff) EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 12:27 pm

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
StatiK
I am the LaW!
StatiK

Scorpio Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Our "big" Ultrasound (warning: girl stuff)   Our "big" Ultrasound (warning: girl stuff) EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 8:15 pm

How exciting! A little girl! Congrats Jamie!
Don't be stressing out about the placenta. Gotta stay positive about this stuff. Be sure and let me know how it goes with the Dr. on Monday. And you can post your U/S pics on here. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://kuzwekan.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our "big" Ultrasound (warning: girl stuff)   Our "big" Ultrasound (warning: girl stuff) Empty

Back to top Go down

Our "big" Ultrasound (warning: girl stuff)
Page 1 of 1